The purpose of the “TOGO CREATIF” artistic residencies is to provide artists from the performing arts or other disciplines with support in creating their show or work.
This support includes the provision of a venue, mainly a dedicated Magic Mirrors tent, which allows artistic teams to work, imagine, test, compose and present their show creation process.
This creation studio is also a privileged tool for cultural mediation, for hosting classes, for open rehearsals, for testing its production, and for the public it is an opportunity to meet the artists at work, to exchange with them, to build educational and artistic projects.
This modular wooden tent also allows new configurations to be envisaged with the public, in particular through the possibility of presenting the works in a circular, semi-circular, bi-frontal or frontal format…
The residency programme promotes artistic projects rooted in Togo, led by African artists, possibly accompanied by European artists, with a view to sharing and combining skills and producing shows together.
This support also includes creation grants that will be awarded according to the projects to the companies or structures benefiting from the programme.
Applicants must :
– be professionally active and have a proven track record in the arts (previous work)
– be free from their activities to be fully available during the entire residency period
– be constituted as an association or have an administrative support structure
The complete file must be submitted to the Institut Français du Togo before 29 January 2023 in electronic format only at the following address email@example.com
Parts of the application :
– the application form
– presentation of the artistic project
– the CV of the candidate artists
– a balanced budget with detailed income and expenditure for all applications for creative support
The selection is made by a jury composed of the Togo Créatif team and qualified personalities. The jury will assess :
– the quality and perspectives of the project,
– the necessity of the residency in the achievement of the project,
– the envisaged work protocol,
– the contacts or collaborations established on site,
– the mechanisms for leaving the residency and/or for mediation (meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.) proposed during the residency.
The results will be published on the IFT website: institutfrancais-togo.com